Major source references
1. Jones PW, Quirk FH, Baveystock CM. The St George's Respiratory Questionnaire. Respir Med 1991;85(Suppl B):25-31.
2. Jones PW, Quirk FH, Baveystock CM, Littlejohns P. A self-complete measure for chronic airflow limitation - the St George's Respiratory Questionnaire. Am Rev Respir Dis 1992;145:1321-7.
3. Meguro M, Barley EA, Spencer S, Jones PW. Development and validation of an improved COPD-specific version of the St George's Respiratory Questionnaire. Chest 2006;132: 456-463.
4. Quirk FH, Jones PW. Patients' perception of distress due to symptoms and effects of asthma on daily living and an investigation of possible influential factors. Clin Sci 1990;79:17-21.
5. Quirk FH, Baveystock CM, Wilson RC, Jones PW. Influence of demographic and disease related factors on the degree of distress associated with symptoms and restrictions on daily living due to asthma in six countries. Eur Respir J 1991;4:167-71.
6. Jones PW, the Nedocromil Sodium Quality of Life Study Group. Quality of Life, symptoms and pulmonary function in asthma: long-term treatment with nedocromil sodium examined in a controlled multicentre trial. Eur Respir J 1994;7:55-62.
7. Anie KA, Jones PW, Hilton SR, Anderson HR. A computer-assisted telephone interview technique for assessment of asthma morbidity and drug use in adult asthma. J Clin Epidemiol 1996;49:653-6.
8. Ketelaars CAJ, Sclösser MAG, Mostert R, Huyer Abu-Saad H, Halfens RJG, Wouters EFM. Determinants of health-related quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Thorax 1996;51:39-43.
9. Okubadejo AA, Jones PW, Wedzicha JA. Quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe hypoxaemia. Thorax 1996;51(1):44-7.
10. Renwick DS, Connolly MJ. Impact of obstructive airways disease on quality of life in older adults. Thorax 1996;51:520-5.
11. Jones PW, Bosh TK. Changes in quality of life in COPD patients treated with salmeterol. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 1997;155:1283-9.
12. Wilson CB, Jones PW, O'Leary CJ, Cole PJ, Wilson R. Validation of the St George's Respiratory Questionnaire in Bronchiectasis. AJRCCM 1997;156:536-41.
13. Osman LM, Godden DJ, Friend JAR, Legge JS, Douglas JG. Quality of life and hospital re-admission in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Thorax 1997;52:67-71.
14. Hajiro T, Nishimura K, Tsukino M, Ikeda A, Koyama H, Izumi T. Comparison of discriminative properties among disease-specific questionnaires for measuring health-related quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine 1998;157(3 Pt 1):785-90.
15. Seemungal TAR, Donaldson GC, Paul EA, Bestall JC, Jefferies DJ, Wedzicha JA. Effect of exacerbation on quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998;157:1418-22.
16. Wijkstra PJ, Jones PW. Quality of life in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Eur Respir Monogr 1998;3(7):235-46.
17. Barley EA, Jones PW. A comparison of global questions versus health status questionnaires as measures of the severity and impact of asthma. European Respiratory Journal 1999;14(3):591-6.
18. Carone M, Bertolotti G, Anchisi F, Zotti AM, Donner PW, Jones PW. Analysis of factors that chararacterize health impairment in patients with chronic respiratory failure. Eur Respir J 1999;13:1293-300.
19. Jones PW. Health status in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Eur Respir Rev 1999;9:169-72.
20. Burge PS, Calverley PMA, Jones PW, Spencer PW, Anderson JA, Maslen TK. Randomised, double blind, placebo controlled study of fluticasone proprionate in patients with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMJ 2000;320:1297-303.
21. Griffiths TL, Burr ML, Campbell IA, Lewis-Jenkins V, Mullins J, Shiels K, et al. Results at 1 year of outpatient multidisciplinary pulmonary rehabilitation: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2000;355(9201):362-8.
22. Jones PW. Impact of lower respiratory tract infections on health status. Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Medicine 2000;21:107-11.
23. Spencer S, Calverley PMA, Burge PS and Jones PW. Health status deterioration in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001;163:122-8.
24. Jones PW. Health status measurement in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Thorax 2001;56:880-7.
25. Jones PW. Interpreting thresholds for a clinically significant changes in health status in asthma and COPD. Eur Respir J 2002;19:398-404.
26. Ferrer M, Villasante C, Alonso J, Sobradillo V, Gabriel R, Vilagut G, et al. Interpretation of quality of life scores from the St. George's Respiratory Questionnaire. Eur Respir J 2002;19:405-413.
27. Domingo-Salvany A, Lamarca R, Ferrer M, Garcia-Aymerich J, Alonso J, Félez M, et al. Health-related quality of life and mortality in male patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2002;166:680-685.
28. Oga T, Nishimura K, Tsukino M, Sato S, Hajiro T. Analysis of the factors related to mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2003;167:544-549.
29. Stolk J, Ng WH, Bakker ME, Reiber JHC, Rabe KF, Putter H. Stoel BC. Correlation between annual change in health status and computer tomography derived lung density in subjects with alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency. Thorax 2003, 58: 1027-30
30. Gudmundsson G, Gislason T, Janson C, Lindberg E, Hallin R, Ulrik CS, Brøndum E, Nieminen MM, Aine T and Bakke P. Risk factors for rehospitalisation in COPD: role of health status, anxiety and depression. Eur Respir J 2005; 26: 414–419
31. Jones PW. St George's Respiratory Questionnaire: MCID. Journal of COPD 2005;2:75-79.
32. Broekhuizen, R. Wouters EFM, Creutzberg E.C. Schols A.M.W.J. Raised CRP levels mark metabolic and functional impairment in advanced COPD. Thorax 2006; 61: 17-22
33. Santiveri C, Espinalt M, Carrasco FXD, Marin A, Miguel E, Jones PW. Evaluation of male COPD patients' health status by proxies. Respir Med;101:439-445.